Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Salon results at home? yeah. we've heard THAT before.

So... unless you've been hiding out under a rock for the past couple of months you are probably aware of the new trend in hair color: FOAM.  It seems as though everyone has hopped on the foam hair color wagon, from Nice and Easy to L'Oreal's Sublime Mousse.  I was a little skeptical of the quality of the results, reading pretty spotty reviews online about both.  Then...John Frieda's Precision Foam Color moved its way into my CVS.  Apparantly, this color was the first of its kind, but it was released in the UK first and it took a little bit of time to make its way over here.  After reading some great reviews about this product, I had to give it a shot and picked up a box of Sheer Blonde 8G Medium Golden Blonde.* 


*If you go on the John Frieda website, there is a nifty little application on there to pick your perfect shade.

"The John Frieda® haircare professionals announce another haircare first; John Frieda® Precision Foam Colour, a new permanent foam hair colour designed to deliver salon-precise results at home.

This revolutionary non-drip foam spreads easily into roots and hard to reach places, and gives 100% grey coverage, leaving you with nothing but shiny, natural-looking results. With 20 gorgeous shades to choose from, achieving a fabulous salon-quality result at home has never been easier."

After using it, I am totally excited about this hair color.  Totally Fuss free application with beautiful results.  After you lightly shake it back and fourth on its side to mix the dye, you just give the bottle a squeeze and out comes a really rich foam.  You get oodles of the dye, it took no time at all to apply and I only used the tiniest portion of the bottle to cover my newly chopped off locks.  You just slap it on and massage it in.  It isn't messy at all - no drips all over the bathroom, no staining on skin.  What's more, there is only the faintest of smell; no burning your nose hairs with this formula.  After it develops, it's a breeze to rinse out.  The whole process probably took about 45 minutes, tops.

2 weeks later, my haircolor still looks super natural, nice and glossy.  What's more, my coloring is so even and perfect, it really does look like salon color.  It didn't leave my hair feeling dried out at all like with some other dyes.  I've been using Nexxus Dualiste Shampoo and Conditioner (moisture and color lock) in conjunction with the dye included in the box, which I think is really contributing to making my color look fresh.

On top of the quality of the color, I'm really impressed with the size of the conditioner (plus it's fabulous)  included in the box, as well as the quality of the gloves supplied.  It's touches like this that really win me over and make me want to repurchase a product. 











Overall, John Frieda's Precision Foam gets two thumbs up from me.  It's a little bit more money than the average drugstore box (about 13 bucks depending on where you pick it up) but it's absolutely worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment