Friday, January 14, 2011

"From damaged hair to Silky, Shiny Strands"


Eek!  This is your hair on heat!
 Winter is the nemesis of hair.  The dry, cold air, the wind and elements paired with daily blow drying and styling... there's only one word for this season: havoc.  Plus, if you're like me all the styling and dying hasn't exactly been kind to your strands either.  :/

I was super excited to see John Frieda's new line of hair products make its way into my CVS.  I have been waiting, waiting, waiting ever since I saw an advertisement for his latest launch: Full Repair. So of course how could I resist when the products came in with one of my favorite things... coupons?  I picked up John Frieda Full Repair Full Body Shampoo and Conditioner as well as John Frieda Full Repair Perfect Ends Deep Infusion the day it hit shelves.

John Frieda Full Repair Full Body Shampoo and Conditioner
Here's the claim:
"With Inca Inchi, a lightweight micro-oil rich in omega-3, this formula repairs the look and feel of overworked hair and adds body for full, flowing styles. Detangles strands, reducing the risk of breaking and snagging while combing or brushing.  Safe for color-treated and chemically-treated hair."

Directions:
Apply shampoo to wet hair, lather, rinse well.  Follow with Full Repair Full Body Conditioner.  Smooth conditioner through wet hair. Rinse well. For intense repair, leave on for 2-5 minutes.

John Frieda Full Repair Perfect Ends Deep Infusion
The claim:
"Smoothes and protects medium-textured hair damaged from high heat. This breakthrough formula with Inca Inchi , a lightweight, micro-oil rich in omega-3, feels like it absorbs into worn-torn strands instead of just coating the surface. Weightlessly reverses the look and feel of damage on lengths and ends to leave hair smooth, shiny and full of body. Helps protect against breakage from heat styling.  Safe for color-treated and chemically-treated hair."

Directions:
Apply to clean, wet hair. Use sparingly, dispensing 1 pump into palm. Rub hands together and distribute evenly, concentrating on ends and other damaged areas. Use more or less depending on hair length and thickness. Do not rinse out. Heat style as desired.

Healthy hair, ladies!
My findings:  I actually really love this line.  My hair started to change immediately.  After just one wash and use of the serum, my hair was much more touchable.  Wash 2 my hair was more manageable.  By wash 3 my hair was visibly healthier looking and an absolute breeze to style.  A week in and I am more than happy with the results... it totally revived my over worked hair.  Plus the sweet smelling formula makes your hair smell really nice.  My hair has body, fullness, and even shine.  (Goodbye drab locks!)

Overall, John Frieda’s new Full Repair product line is great for repairing really overworked hair like mine.  I plan on picking up the Full Repair Perfect Ends Sheer Mist and the Touch Up Flyaway Tamer.  (Reviews to come)

No comments:

Post a Comment