Thursday, January 20, 2011

Natural Beauty

Recently I received excellent incentive to try a few Physicians Formula Products: 2 $10.00 off coupons.  I made my way to their section at my local drugstore and decided on two multi-colored palettes, the multi-colored face powder in "Beige" for Medium Skin Tones ($14.99) and multi-colored Blush in Blushing Peach ($10.95)

The idea behind the multi-colored palette really appealed to me.  It's supposed to give you just the right combination of color to both enhance and even out your skin tone and correct imperfections.  It's supposed to give you soft and natural color without the normal "monotone" cast of most powders. 

 Physicians Formula Multi-colored face powder provides decent coverage; it's light and comfortable to wear.  Physician's Formula claims it can be used "alone or over makeup", I used it over my regular foundation.  The powder is great for a "natural beauty" kind of look... didn't make me look like I was wearing a ton of makeup.  The compact came with a little make up round for application, but I would suggest a Kabuki-style brush for application for a more natural finish.  Make sure you tap excess powder from your brush before application; you don't want a heavy finish with this powder, cake-face isn't a good look for anyone.  I suppose you could try and mix and match the shades... but thats just waaay too much work for this girl, so I just did a sweep around the palette and allowed all the colors to mingle.

Overall... I like this powder a lot.   It's hypo-allergenic and oil free and goes on light and feels great on your skin.  Over my foundation, it created a flawless finish and natural glow.  The mix of colors takes the guess work out of finding matches for your skin.  The color combination really does give you a beautifully balanced skin tone over a nice base, like your favorate foundation, tinted moisturizer or primer.  I would not wear this powder alone.  Its light formula is slightly fleeting and without a nice base to grab on to, I don't believe it would be a successful long-wear make up (you'll be touching up your make up all day long).  Also, the price kind of sucks... 15 bucks, but a lot of times it is on sale for like, $7.99, which sweetens the deal a bit.

The Physicians Formula Powder Palette Multi-colored Blush is an excellent addition to the face powder.  You have at your fingertips the perfect combination of colors to enhance your cheekbones and give you a natural glow.  I love the mosaic of colors in Blushing Peach.  The formula is smooth and blends easily, it also has just the slightest hint of shimmer.

I used a kabuki brush to sweep over the entire palette and evenly blend the colors... stay away from the brush the compact comes with, it's flat and bristley.  Frankly, it sucks.  You can brush the blush over your cheekbones to define and contour or apply it right below your cheekbones with your favorite flat brush for a more defined look.  This really is an easy product to use; SUPER controllable.  You don't need to worry about that "woops" moment with this blush because it isn't terribly pigmented.  It is totally buildable, however, for the people looking for a bit more color.

Overall... in LOVE with this blush <3 Buildable, blendable and a light formula.  The result is a bronze, warm, peachy glow with just the slightest hint of shimmer.  The price point is moderate... $10.95, but I think it is worth it.  I would definitely purchase this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment