Friday, January 14, 2011

Fancy tips

NEW: Sally Hansen Salon Effects Real Nail Polish Strips
Simple idea: First, pre-measure the strips to fit your nails.  Then peel the strips from their plastic backings. and clear top coat.  Shape the strip to your nails as much as possible and then use the manicure stick and emery board to remove the excess.  Smooth, smooth, smooth!  No heat necessary.

The set comes with 16 polish strips (2 each of 8 sizes), amd a mini cuticle stick and file/buffer duo.
No DBP, toluene or formaldehyde

Despite the fact that application is pretty easy... it took FOREVER.  You need to be careful when removing the excess or you could remove too much and expose the nail underneath.  I did notice that towards the end of my nail the sheet buckled a little bit and left tiny tiny creases, which I suppose someone gazing at your hand wouldn't really notice.  I do notice it however, and I hope that with practice I can avoid it in the future.


 There are a ton of styles... from solid colors, to cute patterns like butterflies and lace, one of them is sure to fit your style.  I'm a girl who needs some animal print in her life so I grabbed 310 Wild Child (zebra) and 320 kitty kitty (leopard).

They do hold up pretty well, which I was surprised about.  I thought that the buckling would encourage wear, but so far -3 days in- they are still pretty flawless.  The package says that they are supposed to last 10 days, hopefully they last as long as my nails.  They do look pretty awesome, I like them a lot.  Super cute.  HOWEVER, like I said, they are pretty time consuming and at 10 bucks a pop... they probably will be more of a novelty/special occassion thing for me. 

Pros:
Easy application.  Screw up your placement?  No biggie... they are a breeze to peel up and reapply if you haven't already pressed them into place.  They're kinda stretchy too so you're guaranteed a nice fit. (Don't strentch too much... some distortion may occur)
Long lasting... fewer chips than polish!
Neat designs are eye-catching
No waiting forever to set and dry!

Cons:
Expensive!  10 dolla' for one use... compared to how many uses you get from a $6 bottle of polish, this one hits the wallet.
Sizing is not fantastic.
Time consuming application... kinda equals drying time if you think about it.  At least no smudging!

I do *heart* these.  <3

No comments:

Post a Comment