Tuesday, January 25, 2011

10 Hour Color without drying, fading, or flaking!

First thing's first... Gwen Stefani is the face of L'oreal Paris Infallible Le Rouge!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TE_TCYhdT0
Love, love, love... I found out after watching this that Gwen's shade is Blazing Sangria.
Anyways.  I purchased L'oreal Paris Infallible Le Rouge shade 812 Opulent Organza.  L'oreal promises fresh color for a whole 10 hours, without the drying, flaking, or fading of your typical long wear formula.  The formula introduces "Color Fix Technology"... a formula with "flexible new polymers" that are supposed to give you longer lasting truer color and formulated with vitamin E and ceramide 5 for healthy shine.

The line is available in a wide variety of colors... 30 shades of reds, pinks, plums, corals, and browns.  All for around $9.99
My take:  The initial application of the lipstick is super smooth.  It goes on creamy and my lips felt moist.  I loved the lack of noticeable smell or taste, and as promised, it was super comfortable and lightweight.  It's like... you don't even know it's there.  The color was perfectly matched too... not sheer, matched the tube perfectly, which is always a nice surprise.

HOWEVER!  On its own, it does tend to get a bit sticky and I noticed that every-little-line shows through the formula.  I was pleasantly surprised that all it takes is a little bit of chappy to correct this problem.  Long lasting and beautiful.  I used Berts Bees Tinted Lip Balm Tiger Lilly.

I also went out and purchased Blazing Sangria, the shade Gwen is supposedly wearing in the commercial. 



No comments:

Post a Comment