Saturday, January 29, 2011

Can you buy happiness?

I have been waiting, waiting, waiting for Physicians Formula Happy Booster to make it's way into my CVS and what luck!  It made its way in today, right after I got my paycheck. =) 

The compact, features a cute heart-shaped design, and is available in four shades: translucent, beige, light bronzer and bronzer... I grabbed the light bronzer. (It's cold up north!  I need a little sunshine in my life) Roughly $11.99-$13.99 at most drugstores.

Physicians Formula claims that these products are “Infused with our Happy Boost Blend, featuring Happy Skin and Euphoryl, natural plant extracts which have been shown to promote a feeling of happiness by mimicking the effect of Endorphins and helping protect the skin from environmental stress.”  ...and who couldn't use a little more "happy" in their life.  AND even if the "happy" formula doesn't work, the packaging will definitely cheer you up.  Just too friggin' cute for words.

Not only is it adorable, the product itself is really nice.  I was stoked to finally find a pressed bronzer that doesn't just sit on my skin and look dirty.  The formula is super soft, blends nicely, and has just the tiniest bit of shimmer to it...super flattering!  I couldn't believe that 8 hours after I had applied it it still looked great.  Usually I'm not too wild about fragrance cosmetics, but the scent of this is just barely noticeable and kind of nice, so I won't complain.


The only thing I will say is the brush it comes with is kinda bogus... but you'll find that with most cosmetics.  Use a soft kabuki brush and you'll have fantastic results. =)

As far as a mood boosting formula goes... I couldn't tell you.  But the cuteness factor is off the charts and the product is pretty damn good, and I dunno about you, but that always puts me in a good mood.  I actually went out today and bought the pressed powder.

3 comments:

  1. I would buy this just for the heart design!!!! by the way, have u tried physicians formula shimmer strips?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't... I've been on a Physicians Formula kick. I just bought the eye brightener, which is a multi-colored eyelighter that kind of looks like a little speckled egg in the pan. Works miracles on tired eyes! Anyways, I just got a coupon for Physicians Formula so I'll have to grab some of the Shimmer Strips and give 'em a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i use the shimmer strips as eye shadow, i have the gold version (theres also a more pink one). I also put my powder brush in it and use it as a bronzer all over and focus on my cheeks. great highlighter!

    ReplyDelete