Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The search for body and shine

I grabbed myself a tub of Ellin Lavar Textures ReconstructMasque last week because it was on sale for $4.99.  My hair takes a fair amount of abuse between styling and coloring, (not to mention the dry freezing air in New England) so I'm always trying to discover new products that will bring body and shine back to my damaged hair.  This masque is supposed to be moisturizing, rich in protein and amino acids, and contains deeply conditioning Brazil Nut Oil "to reconstruct and revive its bounce, body, shine, strength and general condition."  Regular retail price is about $7.99.

The directions are a bit... ambiguous. "Use weekly or daily by itself (or in conjunction with your conditioner) for soft, healthy hair." Hm.  So I took my shower, washed and conditioned as usual, towel dried by hair and applied the masque.  I then put a cap over it and let it sit for approximately 20 minutes, climbed back in the shower, and rinsed it out.

The results... were nothing to write home about, I'm sorry to say.  The light, whipped minty green
formula is nice to the touch, but not really ideal for coating hair.  I had to use a VERY generous amount to coat my straight hair, which isn't that long (just past shoulder length)  Usually with a good conditioner or masque you can feel the results while you're rinsing it out, but I didn't really notice a heck of a lot.  So far, I've used it twice and I probably will only get one more use out of the tub.  To be absolutely honest, I think you would probably get better results from Herbal Essences Hello Hydration conditioner...It's a lot cheaper and has a fantastic smell.

You can't win 'em all. *shrug*

No comments:

Post a Comment