Thursday, January 27, 2011

This mascara was a bit of a under achiever.

This tube is really ugly.
I'll be honest.  I like L'oreal, but I usually don't go for their mascaras.  For some reason, I impulse bought L'oreal Double Extend Eye Illuminator 440 Black Quartz for Brown Eyes the other day...I think I was lured in by the illuminating topcoat.

  This mascara is a double ended wand...1/2 lengthening mascara and 1/2 illuminating topcoat.  Step 1 is your standard issue mascara wand, Step 2 is a small, round bulb of a wand, similar to their telescopic explosion.  The tiny round shape is meant for easy application on all your eyelashes.  L’Oreal created a few of these in various colors to coordinate with your eye shade.

Step 2

Step 1













Here's the thing... I didn't find the mascara itself to be that great.  It did an ok job or giving me some length and a tiny but of volume, but really... it was kind of like the under achiever of the mascara world.  I've heard that the original double extend did a much better job... but then again it had a primer of sorts to make awesome lashes.  The illuminating top coat was alright too.  Just a little bit of sparkle, but nothing crazy.  The first coat is just barely noticeable.  Adding a few layers makes the illuminator... illuminate [better]. 

To be honest... it didn't rock my mascara world.  Mediocre at best.  I'll probably continue to use the illuminator, but I'll experiment with mascaras I actually do like.

No comments:

Post a Comment