Thursday, January 20, 2011

"Lips that shine with killer color."

Revlon Colorburst Lipstick Shade 008 Candy Pink (NEW shade)So sad that it didn't look like I thought it would.  The color did not match the cap: Much more a frosty pink, it actually kind of reminded me of the color of silly putty (at least it didn't look that color on).  That's what happens when you have to trust a color swatch.  It was still pretty.  I think it's a little too light for this time of year... but I'll bring it out during the spring/summer.  I didn't like the texture as much as their "Moondrops", (totally addicted to Moondrops) but the formula is non-drying.  It has a sweet almond oil ingredient that improves skin texture.

The formula was lightweight with no weird scent, but I didn't really like the shape of the stick, flat and broad...non-drying formula, matte finish.  Really nice pigmentation and moisturizing.  It is just glossy enough that it makes the lips look just slightly plumper, which is nice.  It glides on smoothly, but I do find that I have to apply a few layers to make the color really POP, but that just may be the color.  What I really love about this is that it lasted without bleeding or flaking... awesome in a pinch.  No worries here!

Not that it is super important or anything, but I do like the tube it's in, really cute...kind of posh even.

Revlon Colorburst Lip Gloss 010 Hot Pink Rose vibrant (NEW)

I'm crazy about this...times like, a thousand.  LOVE it.  <3

Just slightly sparkly and highly pigmented... Pink, pink, pink!  The texture and wear of this gloss is amazing.  It lasts for-ever and doesn't dry out your lips.  The formula isn't goopy, it coats your lips wonderfully.  Also, the applicator is wonderful.  Awesomely exact, defines lips perfectly without a liner.  This is probably the best liquid lip color I have used from a drugstore.   In love.  End of story.

No comments:

Post a Comment