Thursday, March 3, 2011

Positively Radiant =)

I wanted to shake things up and try a new moisturizer.  I had read about Aveeno's Positively Radiant Tinted Moisturizer with SPF 30 in a magazine (I think it was Shape) and I had to give it a try.  Honestly, I was thinking about makeup free summer days and hoping that this would be a killer alternative to foundation.

Aveeno Positively Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Medium SPF 30 (It also comes in fair-to-light)
"Natural, light-reflecting minerals and lightweight coverage blend away skin imperfections and immediately bring out skin's natural radiance. Choose from two luminous shades to blend seamlessly with your skin: Fair to Light and Medium. These elegant formulas provide extraordinary natural radiance and coverage at a much smarter price than the leading department store brand. This moisturizer is also oil-free, hypoallergenic, and noncomedogenic."

I'll be honest, when I first tried this moisturizer, I was really put off by the thickness and texture of it.  It seemed so heavy and goopy, I just hated it.  I totally vowed to return it.  At some point I had a weird change of heart and decided to give it a second chance the next day.  Once I got past the texture, I was really surprised by how quickly it absorbed right in and how even my skin tone looked.  Despite the thick formula, I don't feel like it leaves a heavy coat on my skin.

I decided to keep going with it and a week later, I'm pretty sure that my skin had actually IMPROVED... super moisturized and it hasn't broken out or gotten irritated at all.  It's nice that it has a higher SPF too, I bet it's going to be awesome this summer.  The price is a bit steep, I think I paid $15.99, but it's a decent sized bottle and I'm really happy with it.  I'll definitely be buying a 2nd bottle when I run out.

I've been using this under Covergirl Natureluxe Foundation and it makes a great base.  My skin looks flawless and glowing.

2 comments:

  1. i was so close to trying this one time. I have to use an SPF with at least 15 in it everyday, preferably spf 30, so this one was on my list. Instead, I was at job lot and for a very affordable price I tried Biore dual fusion moisutre lotion+SPF 30. I actually just ran out and now i'm using Olay Complete defense sensivive skin SPF 30

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was really shocked I ended up liking this so much. Before I was using Lumene's Vitamin C+ Pure Radiance 24 Hour Lotion. I loved it, and I loved Lumene... but they don't have a tinted moisturizer. :(

    ReplyDelete