Thursday, March 3, 2011

Fit me!

I recently received samples and coupons for Maybelline's FIT ME foundation.  It was super affordable ($5.99 and I had the coupon) so even though I wasn't in the market for a new foundation I decided to give it a try.

Here's the claim
"No oils. No waxes. No nonsense.
Natural coverage that leaves skin the way it was meant to be…fresh, breathing, natural.
Exclusive translucent base and lightweight pigments allow skin's natural highs and lows to show through.
Non-comedogenic, dermatologist tested."

So anyways, I grabbed myself a bottle of Maybelline's FIT ME in shade 235 (18 shades... pretty impressive).  My first impression was pretty positive.  It has a sexy little bottle and the color was a great match.  It had medium coverage, blended very easily and gave me a very natural look.  The liquid formula is super lightweight and blends flawlessly.  There is a slight fragrance to it, but it's kind of a soapy, clean smell so it isn't too obnoxious.

Here's the thing... I was absolutely not impressed by how it held up during the day.  I felt like the formula just evaporated right off my face.  POOF! *gone* I put it on around noon and by 5 or 6 I felt kind of greasy and gross.  It looked alright, just a little shiny.  I tried to touch it up with my pressed powder, but it just felt awful.  I was pretty excited to get the stuff off my face.

Overall... I can see WHY someone would like this... but it wasn't for me.  I'm not really into the whole, oily skin look.  I'm really loving Covergirl's Natureluxe right now.

HOWEVER, I'm pretty stoked about the FIT ME Concealer (there are 6 shades).  It's kind of a thinner consistancy than most concealers, but it's super blendable and gives you great coverage.  When applied to the outter corners of the nose and mouth and inner corners of the eyes it really does a great job of brightening up your face and it does a pretty good job of covering up blemishes.  Totally light on the skin and great for touch ups.

2 comments:

  1. interesting review. yea i think it is supposed to be really light breathable coverage. it probably wouldn't be right for me either. my skin gets very oily throughout the day. im always using clean and clear oil absoring sheets.
    About the concealer...its liquid? my favorite is Cover girls "cover stick" its a thick waterproof concealer in lipstick form.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do use an under-eye concealer from Covergirls Simply Ageless line which gives a little more coverage. I dab the Fit Me concealer right next to both sides of my nose, the outside lower creases of my smile and the inner corners of my eyes and blend. It lifts and brightens my face. :)

    ReplyDelete