Thursday, March 3, 2011

A killer longwear lipcolor? Shut yo' mouth!

L'oreal Infallible Never Fail lipcolour is definitely NOT new, but I never really had the urge to try it until recently.  Let me just say... I was missing out.  Where have you BEEN all my life Never Fail in Apricot?  It's probably going to be my new go to easy lip color.

There are a whopping 25 shades so there's sure to be a color for everyone.  The color is highly pigmented, but it does kind of come out a pinch lighter than advertised, so just keep that in mind during your selection process.  The formula sets quickly, is pretty non-drying.  What I love is that this bad-boy of infallible lipcolor doesn't come with a goopy clear gloss, like some longwear, instead it comes with a lightweight balm.  The balm makes your lips smooth with just a little bit of shine, and you can reapply every time your lips need a little boost.  Even better, it doesn't sit into the creases of your lips like some long wear lipcolors do (no raisin lips, ladies). 

The applicator is a little bit funky... it kind of reminds me of a cigarette lighter.  It's like... the transformer of the lipcolor world.  Each side slides out, but are contained within the crazy little contraption.  The color side twists and you get a little wand applicator, the other "white" side, pops out and you have your balm.  When your done they pop back in.  A little clunky, but... realistically... you can't accidently lose one.  Pretty crafty!

Overall, I'm pretty impressed L'oreal.  After a nine hour work day, involving approximately 3 coffees, bottled water, and a lunch break, I left work with a slightly faded, but still noticeable, apricot colored kisser. 
I'm totally a fan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment