Thursday, March 3, 2011

Color me impressed.

I made the trip into the dreaded Walmart in search of Hard Candy's Hide and Glow Cheek Tint.  It would totally figure that Wally World is the only flippin' retailer of Hard Candy that I'm aware of *frown*.  Annnnyyyways....

For only 6 bucks you get two, count 'em: TWO, different, yet corresponding gel based, cheek tints.  I'm madly, madly, madly in love with this product.  Absolutely worth the trip to Walmart.  I picked myself up "In Love" which is probably the warmest of your options.  You get: An awesome peachy, corally color is on one side... and a kind of apricot neutral is on the other.  They have a nice texture (no waxy or greasy at all) and the colors are pretty pigmented;  Very pretty on the skin.  Just a flash of warm color that lasts ALL DAY LONG!

The application is fool proof and takes second... swipe it on your cheeks, blend with fingertips and voilà!
Simply swipe on, blend out with finger tips, and you’re golden.  Use one color, or both... I like to use the peachy color on the apples of my cheeks and the apricot just below my cheek bone for just a hint of definition.

I will say that because it is a gel based color, it does kind of chill on your skin rather than sink in.  I definitely wouldn't try to set this with a powder, you'll just have a mess.  Reserve this for natural-beauty kind of days.

The little applicator is pretty damn cute too... kind of like a brightly colored, glue stick for grown ups, except it's for making you look awesome and not a craft project.  The cheek tint twists up in the same manner.  It's a fairly indestructable package too, which means throw that baby in your purse, gym bag, bag pack, or what have you, and don't even worry about a potential makeup mishap.

Officially my favorite find: Hard Candy Hide and Glow duo Cheek tint
For 6 dolla' this is a great deal, especially since you get the 2 shades.  It's definitely a product that will last a long time and there is a killer color selection.

No comments:

Post a Comment