Thursday, March 3, 2011

Natureluxe... my new love

I was hesitant to try Covergirls NEW Natureluxe foundation because I had been using a foundation for a while that I really liked.  As with most new beauty products, the overwhelming urge to give it a try came over me and I broke down and bought the stuff.  Using the nifty plastic shade matcher that was attached to the shelf I determined (somehow) that I was shade 350 Oak.  (I feel more natural already)

Covergirl Natureluxe Shade 350 Oak $11.99
I *heart* this... move over Simply Ageless, this is my new love.  First off, the texture is awesome - a weird cross between a liquid and a cream.  I was totally stoked about how it made my face feel, the formula is so light and comfortable.  It seemed to absorb right in and felt so natural and nice (Like butta'!).  The color was just perfectly matched, which is just unheard of (they have 14 shades to choose from).  It doesn't look too matte or oily, it just gives you a dewy glow.  It lasts all day without any touch ups... I haven't even been using powder to set after application!  It doesn't oxidize or get dull or ashy over time.  It does have a slight scent, but it's an unobtrusive, light, fresh cucumber smell.  I'm a fan of the package too... super cute, clean and convenient.  It seems a tad small for the price, but let me tell you, you need only the tiniest amount to look amazing.  Totally worth every penny.  =)

I have been wearing this for just about 2 weeks now and I am yet to have a single breakout.  I have terribly sensative skin and a lot of foundations irritate it... so far so good. 

Here's the thing:  If you're looking for a full coverage foundation, this is NOT for you.  Because it is more of a sheer foundation,  it perfects more than it covers up.  Think of it as a pick-me-up for your face... buh-bye dullness and uneven skin tone!
ALSO... if you're prone to oilyness, this is probably not your best bet. 
 Overall... I'm super excited to see a drugstore brand show that it is possible to incorporate more natural-based ingredients while keeping an affordable price.  Right now, the natureluxe line only has the foundation and the balm-gloss (which, by the way, is fantastic).  I'm hoping to see more from Covergirl in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment