Thursday, December 2, 2010

"You could be my flamingo, 'cause pink is the new kind of lingo..."

We're back on the pink lip kick...

I would like to share with you, my readers, my terrific find!  Revlon Moon Drops Lipsticks 590 "Lilac Champagne" ($8.99).  I'm a little confused as to why they call it lilac champagne because there is definitely no hint of lilac.  I'm not usually a lipstick girl, but I love, Love, LOVE this lipstick.  Bold and beautiful, a totally awesome Barbie-pink color.  It is a cream based lipstick that's smooth and silky, refreshingly nondrying... Not to mention, great, long lasting coverage!!  I'm totally stoked to have discovered this killer shade in such an awesome formula. 

So, when I bought the lipstick, CVS was doing one of their "Extra Bucks" Sales (Buy 2 Revlon Products, get 5 Extra Bucks)... hence, I bought a second pink lipcolor from Revlon.

I had never tried anything from Revlon's ColorStay Mineral Lipglaze so I decided to give it a chance and bought shade 532 "Lilac" ($8.99).  Once again, I'm totally unsure why it's called lilac, not a purple or blue tone in sight.  But anyways, I digress.  This product was such an epic fail.  I was so excited about buying it, but it was an absolute disappointment.  It looked so pretty and pigmented in the bottle with just a little bit of sparkle, but when I put it on, the color was very matte and didn't look anything like what was in the bottle.  The coverage was terrible.  I tried to add more on my lips, but it just looked bogus.  The formula was kinda sticky and gross, I really couldn't stand it on my lips.  To add insult to injury, it was smelly.  Pretty unpleasant for something that sits (anatomy lesson!) right under the nose.  Yuck!  What a strange concoction... not enough coverage to pass as a lipstick, not glossy enough to pass as a gloss.  At least it had a cute little bottle.  Thank GOD for CVS's 100% beauty guarantee return policy or I'd be out 9 bucks.

Pink it's my new obsession
Yeah, pink it's not even a question,
Pink on the lips of your lover, 'cause
Pink is the love you discover"
-Aerosmith

No comments:

Post a Comment