Tuesday, December 28, 2010

In life... there are many disappointments. This is one of them.

I was excited to try Covergirl's NEW line of lipcolor... Covergirl Lip Perfection Lipstick.  It's supposed to be some ground-breaking new lipstick that infuses "silk protein" with beautiful, rich color to "sustain moisture levels" and improve the look and feel of your lips with just 7 days of wear.  A lipstick that makes your lips more beautiful with every wear?  Yes, please.

I picked up shade 280 "rapture" today for $7.99. 

I HATED this lipstick.  Couldn't wait to get it off my lips.  The formula went on smoothly, but once it was on, it felt... GRITTY.  Not nice at all.  Also, the color really was not true.  On the end of each tube is a visual "sample" of what the color looks like; "rapture" looked so pretty on the tube, an awesome coral.  However, once on my lips... it just looked cheap.  It had a funny sheen to it that was just not attractive on me at all.  As for the claim that it improves the look and feel of your lips with just 7 days of wear, I'll never know. Soooooo disappointed, Covergirl. 

And I'll be honest, I really don't like its packaging either.  Looks like a weird little purple square bullet.

Thumbs down. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment