Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Bat those lashes, ladies

I'm always on the hunt for mascaras that will give me long foxy lashes but also a bit of thickness.  I recently tried Maybelline New York's Lash Stiletto Voluptuous Waterproof Mascara in Very Black  ($8.99).  This is a take off of their first version the "Lash Stiletto".  To be honest, I had tried the first, but I don't think I ever finished the tube.  (It's a rarity that I find a mascara that I finish, never mind buy a second tube of!)


Here are the claims:
1. The applicator is a "dual action" brush that lengthens while it thickens.
2. It's waterproof rich creamy formula gives you a sleek finish; no clumping or flaking.
3. Buildable... apply layers until desired look is reached

Here's my take on it:
I like it.  It's not my favorite, but I like it.  It has a sexy little tube, and its curious little curved applicator really does reach every lash.  It gave me a nice fanned out look, without clumping (HUGE! plus).  It really did have nice staying power, and it did not flake or smudge through my 12 hour, less-than-a-week-before-Christmas work shift.  Although it fans nicely, the formula does nothing for a curl, so I'd definitely make sure to use your handy-dandy lash curler before application for a nice wide-eyed look.  Also, I'd say that it lengthens more than it thickens... you really have to apply it heavily for thickness.  (TIP:  If you want thickness, don't let the coats dry between applications or you will experience a clumpy mess... this is true for almost every mascara).

No comments:

Post a Comment