Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Open my eyes, L'Oreal!

L'Oreal Telescopic Explosion Waterproof Mascara Blackest Black $9.99

The Claim:
Thicken and lengthen every lash
unique spherical brush reaches 100% of lashes from every angle for a dramatic, fanned out affect
wears all day without smudging or flaking

I'm a mascara layer-er.  A lot of times I layer several different brands/types of mascara to achieve my desired lash-look.  Probably a year ago I bought an issue of Nylon that said this product was fabulous for those pesky inner and outer lashes.  I've read a lot of bad reviews and then some good reviews... I don't know why it has taken me this long to check it out for myself, (...maybe the price point, 10 dolla) but I finally gave in and bought a tube.

This product has a super cute ball-like wand (kind of like an irritated hedgehog) instead of brush makes it easier to reach those lashes at the inner and outer corners.  I have to say, I found lashes with this wand that I didn't even know had existed.  I cannot believe how nice my eyelashes fan with this great little tool.  It's pretty damn good for the bottom lashes too.
I think if you are unfamiliar with this wand, it may take a little mastering.  I would, without hesitation say that this mascara is probably not too great on its own either.  You would want to pair it with your everyday mascara as I did.
Also, multiple coats of this stuff would probably produces disastrous results.  I noticed in my slight application that the formula does clump a bit... apply one coat with a light hand and you should be golden.  It would probably be beneficial to give the applicator the occasional rinse to avoiding the whole... clumping issue.  (Sorry L'Oreal... clump less claim out the window).

Overall...
I would say if you're a lash-enthusiast, as I am, that you should own this product.  I'm a little disappointed that it took me this long to purchase.  The formula does has a bit of a tendency to clump... this is easily avoided with a light hand and one application.  It's not too fabulous for all your lashes, but totally awesome for reaching those inner and outer corners.  I say thumbs up.

No comments:

Post a Comment