Wednesday, October 17, 2012

A "sensational" palette for a fresh, natural look

Looking for a fresh, natural look for lazy days?  The Stila Sensational in Sydney Travel Palette is a perfect all-in-one option that retails for $16.  This is a great, neutral palette that will pull your look together but still look simple, easy and fresh faced.  It opens up like a mini notebook revealing 5 eye shadows, a convertible color for cheeks and lips, a mirror, and a mini-tutorial for applying the shadows.

The eye shadows are a complimentary assortment of neutral/champagne/browns with an (obviously) Australian theme known as: Bondi Beach, Aussie, Koala, Opera House, Habour Bridge.  They have decent color payoff and a dry formula that goes on nicely and aren't too crumbly.


I'm really loving the Sugarbrush Convertible Color for cheeks and lips.  This is a well-pigmented two-fer that blends easily for a healthy pop of color on cheeks or applies smoothly too lips for a natural wash of rosey color.  The only downside is that I don't think you can pick this up in a full size!  :(

Overall, this palette is great for day-to-day use, but def not for a more adventurous look. 






For this quick and easy look (10 minutes max!), I started by applying L'Oreal Youth Code BB Cream as a base and applied L'Oreal Lumi True Match Foundation where I needed a little extra coverage.  I brushed on just a touch of theBalm Bahama Mama Bronzer to warm my complexion and applied the Sugarbrush Convertable Color to the apples of my cheeks and my lips.  Then, I followed the mini tutorial in the Sensational in Sydney palette for my eyes, lined them with Stila Smudge Stick Liner, and swiped on some Cheater Mascara from theBalm.  To finish off my look I applied Clinique Superbalm Lip Treatment over the Sugarbrush for a healthy, slightly glossy, rosey pout.


http://beautyconfessions5.blogspot.com/2012/08/loreal-lovefest.html
http://beautyconfessions5.blogspot.com/2012/09/a-loose-powder-that-exceeds-expectations.html




No comments:

Post a Comment