Sunday, October 21, 2012

A pretty fall look that is amazingly easy with a few killer products!

Fall is a time to up the ante in your beauty routine, but that doesn't mean your look has to be over the top!  Right now I'm loving rich blushes, healthy lips and muted metallics mixed with relaxed style.


As with any look, start with a good moisturizer and a great base.  I've really been digging Clinique Even Better Moisturizer lately.  Then after it's sunk in I apply L'Oreal Youth Code BB Cream.  The combo of the Even Better and the BB creates a correcting and even base for your makeup.  If you have an oilier skin, skip the moisturizer and go for a BB or tinted moisturizer.

Then I applied a light coverage foundation, I'm partial too L'Oreal True Match Lumi Foundation.  I personally prefer a lighter coverage this time of year, plus the BB already applied some coverage.  Smooth the liquid foundation ONLY WHERE YOU NEED A LITTLE EXTRA COVERAGE!  I can't stress this enough.  Apply just a touch of your fav concealer to your undereye to brighten the eye area.

Sweep just a dusting of bronzer over your cheek bones, hairline, bridge of your nose and jawline to warm up your complexion.  I LOVE theBalm Bahama Mama Bronzer, easily blendable with a matte finish that makes it easy to carry into Fall.  Apply a berry or jewel toned blush to the apples of your cheeks and blend well.  I used theBalm Cabana Boy Blush.

Set your makeup with a translucent powder, one that is either "invisible" or matches your complexion.  L'Oreal Translucide Powder is a wonderful option.



Now the eyes - you'll need an irridescent shade and a matte smokey shade.  I used Clinique Color Surge EyeShadow's Blackberry Frost and Slate.  I rimmed my eyes (all the way around for a smokey rim) and up into the crease with slate (a matte smoke color) and swept blackberry frost (an irridescent lilac) over my lids and below the bottom lash line.  The key to this look is to BLEND.  We're looking for a more toned down version of Audrey Hepburn circa 1966 from How to Steal a Million .

Now here's the trick with the liner:  Line the top lash line with a soft black liner and continue the bottom lash line with a deep chocolate liner... this gives the eyes a defined look without being too heavy.  I used Maybelline Define-a-Line Liners.  If you'd like, you can layer on a brown liquid liner, I love Physicians Formula Eye Booster 2-in-1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner+Serum.  This will make your liner last, smudge free and add some addition dimension.  Finish your eyes with a black mascara, I used theBalm Cheater Mascara.



Stay neutral for the lips.  I used just a swipe of chapstick and applied theBalm the Balm Girls Lipstick Mai Billsbepaid.  A velvety nude shade is enough to pull this look together without looking overdone.

I went with a lilac metallic nail, Essie Nothing Else Metals, that compliments the shadow without being too "matchy-matchy".  Essie has 5 killer metallic shades that I urge you to check out, absolutely perfect for fall.
http://beautyconfessions5.blogspot.com/2012/07/if-eyes-are-mirror-to-your-soul-then.html

And voila! You're done. Quick and easy with just a touch of glamour that you can pull off in the day. I like to pair this with an easy heathered gray hoodie or sweater and some jeans. 

No comments:

Post a Comment