Thursday, October 25, 2012

One Sexy Motherpucker!

I confess... I picked Soap & Glory Sexy Motherpucker up originally in Target in 2005 purely for the name, having never heard of Soap & Glory.  It was an instant love affair, so as you can imagine I was simply devastated when Target's contract with Soap & Glory ran out and they stopped carrying it.  Thank the stars you can find this brand at Sephora now!  Years after the fact I recently ordered a tube and I have no regrets.  Ahhhhhh, reconciled love!

What it is formulated to do:A single slick of Sexy Mother Pucker™ can fool your lips into looking and feeling fuller. It features SUPERFILL™ microspheres that explode in volume up to 10X when they absorb moisture, and circulation-enhancing LIPSWELL™ natural plant oil infusion to increase blood flow and make lips look almost instantly lusher.

($15.00 at Sephora)

Sexy Motherpucker truly is quite different compared to other glosses on the market and is prob one of the best nude glosses I have ever used.  Plus, isn't the packaging just devine?  Adorable.  I picked up 'baby doll' which is a sheer pink with just a touch of color.  I feel like the resulting color is a natural flushed lip look.  It does have the slightest raspberry chocolate fragrance, but it isn't overpowering and doesn't seem to linger terribly long.  The formula is thick without being too ooey-gooey or excessively sticky (I do allow some "sticky" in my gloss gaging, it is a gloss after all) so it's just about the right consistency for long-wearability.
I am wearing Essie Good Morning Hope on my nails.

And speaking of wearability, the staying power of this gloss is crazy awesome.  The 'plumping' effect can be a tad disarming if you aren't expecting it, so be warned!  It's not really an outwardly unpleasant experience but it certainly gives the feeling that you just slept on your face for a few hours and have a wicked case of pins and needles... only on your lips.  A curious sensation but frankly, I don't mind it.  I do take all plumping claims with a grain of salt, but I def get a certain 'bee-stung' lips look (illusion or not) with this gloss and my kisser def looks hella better than the lips I was born with.  After it's gone, lips are so soft and conditioned.

Overall: I highly recommend Soap & Glory Sexy Motherpucker!  It's a serious plumper and conditioner and if you're looking for sexy bee-stung lips with a natural flush and long wearability this is a pick that is totally worth every penny.  Oh, and a $1 from every sale goes to Stomp Out Bullying.  I love looking cute for a good cause.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment