Friday, August 10, 2012

L'Oreal lovefest

Whew!  This review is really overdue!

I'm really behind the ball here, but here's a few L'Oreal Gems that I am literally obsessed about.

L'Oreal Youth Code BB Cream (Shade Light)
Okay.  So it's not a legit BB.  But I'm over it because! ...This moisturizer is FAB... I finally jumped on the Drugstore BB Bandwagon because I couldn't stand to be out of the Drugstore BB loop any longer (Curiosity may have killed the cat, but I don't have four legs and a tail, meow, or have an affinity for tuna fish).  I got this for a "wicked baaahgain", as they say up in my neck of the woods, for a slightly less painful $11.99 (it does seem to run about $16-18 depending on where you grab it, but it is ABSOLUTELY worth it and methinks this tube will last forever).

This super hydrating moisturizer is so creamy and lightweight, and goes on like a dream.  Totally blendable and so easy to apply.  A little bit of this product goes a long way.  It offers light coverage, completely smooths out skin's texture and covers up minor imperfections.  It really just brightens up your complexion and makes skin GLOW.  It does have a very light, almost citrus-y smell, but it is not overwhelming and once it dries, not noticeable at all... and this is coming from someone with a super-human smeller.  To boot, my skin looks BETTER makeup free since I've started using it!  I can also attest to the fact that it holds up like a champ.  97 degree temps and 95% humidity and it held up like a champ. 

Really, you could absolutely wear this alone, but you could also use a touch of concealer or foundation and/or a powder.  Ive been pairing it with just a touch of foundation and that brings us to...

L'oreal True Match Lumi Foundation (W-4 Natural Beige)
I'm truly in love with this foundation and paired with the Youth Code BB... I haven't been happier with my makeup in a LONG time.  This light weight foundation is on the thinner side, but it blends really well, goes on silky-smooth, and like the BB, has some serious staying power.  I love how breathable this formula is and it didn't dry my skin out or make it oily.  I've been using it for a while now and it has yet to make me break out, or have a reaction, and that's saying something for my sensitive skin.  This is, without a doubt, the best drugstore foundation I've tried in a very long time.

Pairing the Youth Code BB with the True Match Lumi really makes my skin look flawless and just the slightest bit, dare I say... dewy?  Well, whatever you call it, my skin looks great and very healthy, and who wouldn't want that??

SO now that your skin looks great, how do we finish off the look?  With...

L'Oreal Colour Riche Color Caresse Lipstick
This lipstick really doesn't feel like a lipstick to me.  It's kind of a pseudo-lippy, kinda-gloss hybrid, but not quite in line with the "colored balm" craze that happened not too long ago.  The color payoff on these babies is great.  The formula is totally non-sticky and are super moisturizing (they do contain jojoba butter) and they're Paraben-free... the result is an uber-luxe and high end feeling lipstick.  It applies effortlessly and gives you beautiful sheer color.  I'm pretty much in love with the packaging too... the bullets are well make and have a very chic feel to them.  I have both Blushing Sequin and Velvety Fushia and I fully intend on picking up some new shades (I've got my eye on you Sunset Angora!).

Enough of this L'Oreal Love fest.  But for real... these products ROCK.  My absolute fav stuff to put on my face these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment