Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Plum pouts & Chocolate Cherry lips: The Burgundy Bandwagon

Dramatic plum pouts and chocolate cherry lips were all over the runway for Fall 2012 and have me ready for crisp air and crunchy leaves.  In the past I've gravitated to more of a scarlet red lip (ala Gwen Stefani) but I think this fall I'm gunna hop on the burgundy bandwagon.







Fall 2012: Some looks from Gucci Westman...To make this work without looking to vampy [unless that's the look you're going for, than by all means, to each is own] go minimal on the rest of the face.

The look for less:




Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain Smitten
The design of this chubby crayon reminds me of Clinique's Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Color Balm, but I find it to be a little heavier with a deeper color payoff.  I like this more than a stain as it gives the perfect flush of color with smooth lips.  The color lasts forever, even after the "balm" wears off.







Revlon Colorburst Lip Gloss Bordeux
This non-sticky light weight gloss is extremely pigmented with decent staying power (it is a gloss after all).  It is a semi opaque but totally buildable, vivid, deep wine color with a mirror-like shine.  It looks a touch intimidating in the tube but it is so beautiful on.  Probably my fav of the 3.






L'Oreal Colour Caresse Luminous Lipstick Cherry Tulle
I'm a big fan of this entire line, the formula is super hydrating and light and the color payoff is good, but totally buildable for a more dramatic look.  I think this is a wonderful option for people who'd like to try the trend but don't want to jump in feet first. 









A few more options: Covergirl Lip Perfection Shade Burn and Covergirl Wetslicks Fruit Spritzers Shade 550 Plum Splash.  Details and pictures to come.


1 comment:

  1. Hi, Nice post thanks for sharing. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back.

    Thanks!

    Angela
    angelabrooks741@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete