Friday, August 10, 2012

Maybelline, make smart decisions.

Oh Maybelline... WHAT were you thinking???

Maybelline Eye Studio Master Shape Brow Pencil (Blonde)
Master the shapely brow. So natural. So easy. So now! Maybelline's Master Shape Brow Pencil's unique, natural wax formula with subtle color pigments creates hair-like fine lines for the most natural definition.

Ok.  So here's the deal.  This WOULD be a fantastic product if it weren't for having the absolute worst packaging ever.  I have blonde, very light eyebrows that need a little assistance in the definition department.  I had been using Revlon's Brow Fantasy Defining Brow Pencil but I decided to try something different.  Initially, I thought this product was great.  The 1/6 inch of pigmented wax you get is wonderful... the formula lasts all day and does a bang-up job of filling in spars brows and playing up shape without looking too harsh or phony.  The wand is an added bonus as it really does a great job feathering the lines and combing brows into place.  I was really enjoying working with this product, until I wore down the tip...

You would think this would be a twist up, or something, what with the plastic casing.  I examined the whole stick looking for a way to  advance this sucker... no dice.  I thought I was a total dope until I googled the darn thing for a solution only to discover that you need to sharpen it. through the plastic.  What?  I've tried and I've tried but none of my sharpeners does the trick.  Plain.  Silliness.  It doesn't even clarify on the packaging... I really shouldn't have to research how to work my eyebrow pencil.  I am baffled as to who thought this was a good idea.

The bottom line:  Thank god for 100% money back guarantees: I am returning the pencil, even though I liked the color and texture, and trying for a different brand.  And not in a million years would not recommend this product until they fix this absolute STRUCTURE FAIL. So dumb.  Save your $8.

No comments:

Post a Comment