Friday, August 10, 2012

Namaste, homies.

As a yogi, and an Essie enthusiast, I'd be hard pressed to not grab their latest collection: the "Fall 2012" Yogaga Collection.  This is a fairly muted collection of "modern neutrals" that I've found to lean more towards a kind of a gray-based pastel spectrum.  There are 6 colors in total for this collection, but I'll be damned if I'm yet to find the illusive 6-shade display... most drugstores seem to have received only the 4, such is life (there's always Ebay!).  I've gotten my hands on the namesake Yogaga (a creamy taupe), Marathin (dusty, earthy rose), Pilates Hottie (subdued gray-lilac) and Boxer Shorts (blue-based purple).  The remaining 2 are Spinning Again (neutral brick) and Gym Dandy (neutral brown).

Of the 4 I have, I'm really digging Boxer Shorts the best, although I don't really feel it's a fall-kind of color.  Pilates Hottie is a nice neutral shade if you're going for the whole, your-nails-only-better vibe, with a barely noticeable lilac.  I'll admit, I'm pretty indifferent to the collections namesake, Yogaga... I could really take it or leave it.  Marathin is pretty, but again, not really anything to write home about.  ...Is that, disappointment I am feeling?  I guess I was just hoping for more "oomph!" from the Fall Collection, maybe something more sultry?  A collection of  deeper, earthy shades, perhaps?  I dunno.  I guess I was hoping to move away from the pastels in the upcoming fall months.  I kind of feel like their Modern Metallics  had more of a Fall Feel than this Yogaga.  Who knows though, Essie seems to always have new collections coming out.

Gym Dandy, Yogaga, Pilates Hottie, Marathin, Spinning Again, Boxer Shorts


Essie's Modern Metallics Collection: http://beautyconfessions5.blogspot.com/2012/07/if-eyes-are-mirror-to-your-soul-then.html

No comments:

Post a Comment