Wednesday, December 28, 2011

This Superstay has no staying power in my collection :(

I am entirely un-satisfied with the *NEW* Maybelline 14 Hour Lipstick.  I happened upon an entirely un-touched, brandy new display that literally had just been put out on the shelf.  I was impressed with the array of fashion forward, bold shades and found that my powers of self-control was powerless against the shade "Eternal Rose", a bold pink that just screamed ERICA.

The colors really are fab

Unfortunately, despite delivering great color payoff, I'm really not wild about the formula; it's fairly waxy and heavy and I found it to be extra sticky.  (An unfortunate side effect of *most* "superstays")  I also found that I got this crazy sort of, blatant receding lip color line, where after just a bit of wear it all begin to wear off and end up all over my teeth.  After about an hour of wear I drank a coffee and it transferred a pink sticky mess all over the plastic top.  I reapplied after the coffee, and by the end of the 2nd hour it had begun to pill like an old sweater.  At this point, I'd had enough and decided to take it off and got some on my hand.  I had pink fingers for most of the day.

Overall, despite some adorable colors and a totally chic tube, This 14 Hour Superstay was an unsuccessful lipstick endeavor and frankly for something boasting a 14 hour wear, way more trouble than its worth (def NOT worth the $9, that's for sure).

No comments:

Post a Comment