Thursday, December 29, 2011

This lipstick did not boost my mood. Sadface x3.

Super *NEW* (like so new it's not even listed on the company's website yet) Physicians Formula Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Lipstick Shade I <3 Rose

I do NOT "<3" this Lipstick.  At all.

And I'm really super disappointed about that.

BECAUSE I actually loved the Happy Booster line, I use the pressed powder and bronzer as part of my daily makeup routine.  And frankly, this lippy is just as freaking cute as the rest of the line...  like, I almost squealed with joy at it's absolute... cute-ousity.  It just doesn't look (or feel!) *cute* at all on your lips.

Here's the claim:
Look happy!
Rich color glides on with lumious shine and all-day comfort for a happy glow
Lip boosting formula with collagen boosting peptides smoothes lips so they look plump, healthy and luscious.
Three complimentary shades blend together for a kiss of glowing color to boost your mood.
Feel happy!
Infused with our Happy Boost Blend, featuring Happy Skin* and Euphoryl, natural plant extracts which have been shown to promote a feeling of happiness by mimicking the effect of Endorphins and helping to protect skin from environmental stress.
The sweet scent & flavor of violet provides a feeling of joy each time you apply.

Here's the deal: 
The Good:
The tube is adorable: fuscha pink with a silver heart.  It has a clear top so you can see the charming design of the lipstick, which is a little pink heart surround by two rings of different pinks.  Thats pretty much where "The Good" ends...

The Ugly:
The formula is chalky and gritty... it didn't "glide" on at all.  The complimentary shades that are supposed to blend, don't blend well at all and the resulting color is totally flat and kind of bogus, lacking any of the promised "luminous shine."  This lipstick looked awful and felt worse!  It felt gross and heavy on my lips, and the uneven coloration wouldn't be flattering on anyone.  As for the "sweet scent" and "violet flavor"?  Only if you take a whiff directly from the tube is it noticeable.

Overall: I would absolutely not be willing to put it on again, and frankly I couldn't even be bothered to take a snapshot of it on.  What's more, is it's almost 10 bucks a tube... kind of high for a sub-par lippy.  It's really unfortunate; I was absolutely prepared to love it. </3

No comments:

Post a Comment