Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Oh, Kate Moss.

In celebration of the ten years that Rimmel has worked with the iconic Kate Moss, Rimmel launched a new line of lippies called "The Kate Collection."  Debuting in England, on the eve of London's fashion week, this collection has finally made its way over the pond and into local drugstores for a hella good price of about 5 bucks a tube.

Kate is wearing her "signature" shade 01

 The collection has limited colors, and the assortments vary by location... I think my local CVS only got *MAYBE* 5 shades, but they range from edgy purple to a truely chic nude to a classic hollywood red... an assortment befitting of a London "it" girl.
Each color is incredibly pigmented, has a truely soft feel on the lips, and has pretty decent staying power. HOWEVER, (especially if your prone to a seasonal dryness on the lip-area!) I would absolutely suggest that you swipe on a little clear balm or a moisturizing primer pre-application as this formula leaves nothing to the imagination.  (Accentuating the flakes... entirely UN-sexy!)


Even the package is ultra-chic...
a lovely black matte tube with Kate's signature embossed on the side.

One this that I really didn't care for about this collection is the smell, which doesn't really seem to bother other people as much as it does me.  It has this funny, artificial vanilla (?) smell that reminds me of some tubes of 101 Dalmation chapstick I got when I was a little kid.

This line is truely a treat for the cosmetic/fashion obsessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment