Friday, April 8, 2011

Trust your intuition? Mine is to put this product in the trash.

No no no and no again.
This is a truely horrible razor.

Schick Intuition: lathers, shaves, and moisturizes in one easy step so there is no need for shave gel, soap or body wash.  Now with 4 blades, it will leave your skin noticeable softer.  It is simple to use so Trust your Intuition and try it!

I know you have all seen those commercials where the women all struggle hopelessly to shave their legs, dropping soap, falling over, and just generally not able to multi-task.  Well... honestly I've never had so much difficulty shaving my legs, so this product never really appealed to me.  This isn't exactly a new product, but I got a coupon for a free one so I figured I've give it a gander, who can say no to free?

This is a truly horrible razor.  There are many things wrong with it that I really couldn't stand using it.  (I used it for a week straight to give it a fair evaluation.)

First of all: It's just an awkward item, very bulky, it's just so weird to use.  The head doesn't move at all, which makes it difficult to get into creases or tackle knee stubble.  I gave myself one hell of a cut on my ankle bone trying to be thorough.

Secondly:  It did an AWFUL job giving me the close shave I've come to expect from my Gillette Venus.  I felt like it took me twice as long to shave my legs because I kept trying to go over them to make them smooth.  Even though the stubble wasn't too visible, I was NOT touchably smooth.   

Lastly:  The shave bars are theoretically a good idea, but in practice fell painfully short.  The bar was so slimey and gross after use and it was a pain in the ass to get the stubble off the bar.  After only 3 uses, it melted mostly into nothingness and what was left dried out and cracked.  This was no good for someone like me who shaves every day.

Overall, I was super disappointed by this product.  It was a great idea to simplify shaving, but the execution fell short.  I will not re-purchase this product, and frankly I probably won't even use the replacement head that came in the package.  Totally do not recommend.  Thumbs down. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment