Sunday, April 10, 2011

Petra Strand, color me impressed.

After seeing a magazine ad featuring a particularly radiant natural-looking beauty sporting Pixi cosmetics, I made a trip over to Target hoping to pick up the featured eyeshadow: Pixi Fairy Light Solo in Champagne Glow.  I left with the Pixi Essentials Makeup Kit that came with an adorable little gold bag... along with a full size Champagne Glow eyeshadow, it contained trial sizes of the Pixi Flawless and Poreless Primer, Pixi Eyebright Primer, and Pixi Endless Silky Eye Pen. At 27 bucks it seemed like a great way to get a taste of the Pixi line, without breaking the bank.  (Cuz holy smokes was I surprised by the price points!)


Pixi Flawless and Poreless Primer
A mattifying primer for smoothing out fine lines and large pores while creating a matte finish and keeping your foundation long lasting.
Initially I was in love with this primer.  It's fairly transparant with just the hint of flesh tone.  It goes on like a dream, blends nicely and doesn't feel uncomfortable on your skin - it just absorbs right in.  It brightens your complexion instantly and makes dullness seem to disappear.  Sadly, overtime this made my face look kind of greasy...particularly around my nose and forehead.  With that being said, I don't think this primer did a very good job of locking my make up into place.  A full size bottle of this retails at a whopping 28 bucks, save your money ladies.


Pixi Eye Bright Primer
Here's said products in action.  I completed the
the look with Clinique's Chubby Stick in
Woppin' Watermelon
Long-lasting, line filling eye primer base; primer is designed to work like a magnet and hold eye shadow on all day; Neutralizes oily lids
As much as I was disappointed by the primer breakdown, the eye bright primer was a total a win.  This "nude" primer is fragrance free, paraben free and contains no talc or wax.  I was kind of surprised by the powder-y-ness of the formula, but it blended like a dream and really evened out and brightened the area around my eyes.  It made a nice base for my eye make up and didn't crease or wear down; it held my shadow in place all day.  Finding a eye primer this good can be a bit trying - so I plan on biting the $18 bullet and picking up a full size of it.  Absolutely worth the investment.

Pixi Endless Silky Eye Pen
First thing's first: it's a pencil, not a pen.  With that being said, what a totally killer product.  It's so refreshing to find a high quality liner like this.  The application was so smooth and easy... dare I say, silky?  To boot, it lasted all day, no smudging, no smearing.  It's super-duper water proof too (I'd suggest a good remover).  It didn't even budge the slightest with watery, allergy eyes.  The only downside I would see would be that since it is a softer liner, the point does tend to dull quickly, sooooo you may run through it a little faster.  It comes in 6 different colors, all retailing at 14 bucks.  Thumbs up, Pixi.

Pixi Fairy Light Solo in Champagne Glow
This shadow gives just a hint of natural color to the lid that I'm really am wild about it.  It goes on super silky and just instantly brightens your eyes.  It kind of adds a little bit of effortless beauty to your routine.  I'm not wild about the fact that it is $14, although you do get a decent amount of shadow in the pan so I bet it will last forever.  Worth picking up if you're looking for a natural-looking shadow with just a hint of sheen.  Pricing aside, it really does look pretty on.

Overall, I'm pretty impressed with Pixi.  If you're not too sure about what you want to try, I'd suggest you do what I did and try out a "kit".  Target offers a few different variations, and you can also pick up the same kit I did with a different shade of eyeshadow if "champagne glow" doesn't do it for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment