Tuesday, November 8, 2011

A dewey natural look that's just too perfect not to try yourself

I love, love, loved Olivia Wilde's look in October's Allure.

Super clean, very natural.  There is something so fresh and different about this look even though we've seen it a million times.

To create this soft look, makeup artist Makky P. pressed a shimmery, petal pink shodow on her lids just above the crease.  He then used a peachy bronze highligher down the bridge of her nose and along her chin, (supposedly Revlon's Age Defying Spa Illuminator "bare light") and added a matte pink blush to her cheeks.  To keep the look natural, he used a sheer pink lipstick with a light layer of clear lip balm on top.

I wanted to try my hand at this look, and it certainly seemed easy enough.  Here's my take:

I approached my makeup the same way, but recreated it using makeup I already had rather than run out and purchase the Revlon products that had supposedly been used:
To start: Covergirl's Natureluxe Foundation (light and sheer, totally breathable with a fresh cucumber scent)
On the nose and jawline: Revlon's Age Defying Spa Illuminator "bare light" (light scent and delivers a dewey glow without being greasy)
Blush: L'Oreal's Super Blendable Blush Shade 425 "Charming Cockatoo's Blush (the lightest pink, but totally buildable color)
Shadow: Pixi Fairy Light Solo in Champagne Glow (brightens up your eyes with the swipe of a brush)
Lips: L'Oreal's "Sultry Ravens Pout" Lipstick, (a light nude, with just a touch of pink) topped with chapstick (I used bert's bees mango <3 but anything clear will do)

To brighten the eyes a tad I lined the inner rims of my eyes with a light pink liner

No comments:

Post a Comment