Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Back in the saddle again!

So after a several month long hiatus, I'm back!  I'm a little bit older, a little bit wiser, and I'm hoping to expand the interests of this site to fashion and trends in addition to make up and beauty.

HOWEVER... for today's purposes, I am sticking to make up because its for a great cause!  And who doesn't love looking good while supporting something amazing?

L'Oreal Color of Hope Collection
FACT: Each year 22,000 women are diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer.

Forgive the photo quality, it was taken with my phone
"Since 1997 L'Oreal has been committed to the fight against Ovarian Cancer, the fifth leading cause of cancer deaths among American women.  To date, L'Oreal Paris has helped to raise more than $19 million to promote awareness and advance research to eradicate this disease."

Every September, to raise awareness for this cause L'Oreal releases a new Color of Hope collection - usually including eyeshadow quads, lipsticks, lip glosses, and nail polishes.  $1.00 from the sale of each item goes directly to Ovarian Cancer research.  This limited edition collection is a collection of "deep smokey hues and soft modern accents" and is "inspired by the romanticism of the 1920's".

I picked up: Color Riche Nurturing and Protective Lipcolor in Color of Hope Shade #531
LOVE <3 this lipstick!  Infused with Omega 3, Vitamin E, and Argon Oil.  Just a flash of mauvy-rose, natural-looking, long lasting color.  It's perfectly wearable for any occasion, which I do.

Infallible Never Fail Lipgloss in Hopeful Shade #799
Very subtle, shimmery color.  Lovely.  It lasts forever, and doesn't get sticky and globby like some long-wear.

and
Wear Infinite Eye Shadow Quad in Sentimental Splendor
Perfectly fall, makes me wanna put on a sweater and my fringey Minnetonka boots!  The color is subtle, (it doesn't have that "Spackle-like look", which is a good thing!  Think Mimi from the Drew Carey Show, not a good look for anyone!) but the plum looks just lovely with brown eyes.
If you wanna amp up the look, apply with a damp (NOT WET) eyeshadow brush.  I use the whole quad... the darker pink for a base, the plum for the crease and outside corners, the lightest beige for the highlight, and then using a damp liner brush I run the green around my lash lines.  It fades a bit after all day wear, but what powder shadow doesn't?  That's where your primer comes in.  ;)*

*I have read some reviews that said that this shadow was not pigmented enough, but it wasn't enough to sway me from this purchase... the colors were just to die for.  Needless to say, I'm glad I didn't listen to them!  I love a more subtle, natural look... I have been able to create this and a smokey evening look with this pallet.  You just need to play to find the application that works for you!

So anyways, L'Oreal Color of Hope Collection F.T.W.!  I love this collection, perfect for fall and absolutely wearable.  L'Oreal typically doesn't disappointment.  I plan on using this look this Saturday for a night out for my birthday... photos to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment