Saturday, November 12, 2011

Runway Ready

Nothing draws me in like a shiny new display of cosmetics... and L'Oreal's Project Runway inspired The Colors Take Flight stopped me dead in my tracks.  These plummage-inspired palettes are the brainchild of makeup artist Collier Strong and are gorgeous enough to chase away any cold-weather blues.


This Limited Edition 20-piece release is split into four sub-collections that includes an eyeshadow quad ($9 each), a lipstick ($7 each), a blush ($10 each) and two nail polishes ($5 each).  L'Oreal supplies little tear-away guides to take the guesswork out of the shadow quad.
Audacious Amazon (bright eye, fusha lip)
Charming Cockatoo (pink/blue eye, burgundy lip)

Watchful Owl (metallic eye, red lip)
Sultry Raven (smokey eye, nude lip).

Stores only got a very limited amount and this collection flew (hah! bird reference) off shelves FAST. I visited a total of 6 drugstores to amass my collection, which consists of the four lipsticks, all the shadows but Audacious Amazon, and 2 of the blushes "watchful owl" and "charming cockatoo".  Pictures really do these shades no justice.  These collections are super wearable and blend fabulously.  The lippys are super creamy and pigmented... I'm a huge fan of Audacious Amazon's gorgeous fusha.  The blushes blend nicely and the beautiful shades are totally buildable.  The packaging itself looks so chic and the blush compacts are super brush friendly.

My love affair with L'oreal never ceases.

2 comments:

  1. i am a new fashion blogger from indonesia living in singapore :) i really like your blog. i will really appreciate & it will be an honor to have u as my blog member.

    and of course i will folback!:D also, u can mention me anytime on twitter @tiodang if you want me to check out your latest post & leave a comment ^^ ,please list me on twitter, so i will know u're my follower!! ;)

    i've just recommend your post to google!u can check it! that's what u got if you keep in touch with my blog too!! hope u will do the same ^^
    (u can add me on facebook and contact me at : cheeringwinda@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Erica! This collection also caught my eye because I am a bird lover! I saw the ad in a magazine coupon flyer. i have yet to try it, glad to see your review on it!

    ReplyDelete