Monday, January 2, 2012

Merino Cool

This season I've really been digging more of a creamy/milky/beige-y nail polish.  There's something totally chic and versatile about these muted tones.  I found Essie's Merino Cool on a Winter 2011 Holiday/Luxe Effect display and decided I needed it.

This color is pretty, but not one of my favs.  It's kind of a heathered lavender taupe with the glassy finish that I've come to expect from Essie.  It looks fab on short nails.  Like many of Essie's colors, all the tones give it a sort of... color morphing quality, giving to shades of lavender (in good lighting, my fav), to gray, to even a sort of muddiness in darker lighting.  I feel like its a good shade for autumn or winter, but I'm not so sure that I was crazy enough about it that I would choose it over some of my other neutral shades.

One thing to note is that the formula for Merino Cool is a tad on the thin side.  I probably could've settled for 2 coats, but why stettle for less?  In order to achieve the milky, opaque look I was going for I needed 3.  With this being said, it really struggled to set on my nails, even with "Good to Go" Essie's fast drying topcoat.

I have a sneaking suspicion that this shade is going to be one I prefer on my toes.  It may be just right for classing up my tootsies for yoga.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment