Sunday, October 10, 2010

Hello. My name is Erica. And I'm a beauty product addict.

First things first: This blog is the result of football season.  I like the game, but I'm not "in love" with it.  My boyfriend, however, is.

As of Thursday September 9th, I officially became a football season widow.

So I figured that between Monday night football, Thursday night football, roughly 10 hours of "feelin' kinda Sunday", AND fantasy football (who knew a pretend football team would be so time consuming)... I needed to get myself a hobby.

So why not write about something I know?  And one thing I definitely know about is beauty products.  Not just makeup, but skin products, hair products...and pretty much any other products you would possibly need to enhance your overall fox-i-tude.

Once upon a time, like most of the beauty magazines on the stands, I stood by my department store brands and salon manicured nails and poo-pooed those "bargain" drug store brands.  Growing up, my family never had a lot of money, but when I got my own job and my own money, I ran my happy butt off to Macy's, blinded by the promise of flawless skin and vibrant colors.  I was not going to exist off Wet n Wild any longer!

But then I got real.  And I grew up.  And I had bills to pay.  And little bit, by little bit, my products ran out, as beauty products tend to do.  And with a heavy heart, and a very thin wallet, I dragged my feet toCVS. 

Row after row of foundations, concealers, and blushes.  Hook after hook of liners and mascaras.  And the lipsticks and glosses!  Don't even get me started.  All glared out at me under brutal florescent lighting.  I took a deep breath, and walked down the aisle.

The choices!  The options!  I revelled in all the shades of shadows, marveled at the rainbow of glosses.  The rest, as they say, is history.  I wanted to try everything, I wanted to find my match.  Finding a product you love is a euphoric feeling.

A lot of places are even making it easier for you to find your favorite products.  With 100% money back guarantees at a lot of places you can buy products with confidence.  Not only that, but the more affordable prices make it guilt-free to try new colors and shades!

My addiction worsened when I took a photo tech position at my local CVS.  9 hours a day, 5 days a week gives you an awful lot of time to think about what you want to try.

It became an obsession.  I'll see a new product in a magazine, walk by a new display, etc., etc., and I'm done.  I'll think about it all day, debate my options..."do I really want/need this?" (the answer is always yes) and I will think about the stupid product until it is in my hands and I am walking it up to the register.

I've tried just about everything... and that's what I plan to discuss in this blog.  I'm not just going to review, that's boring.  I'm going to discuss products, compare and contrast, and even throw some of my tips in there.  From head to toe, I want people to feel confident in their beauty decisions.  Furthermore, I'm going to talk about products that are easily accessible, things that you can buy in a drugstore or a Sally's.  I'm all about affordable beauty.  This is a good time for beauty on a budget...drugstore brands are really stepping up their game and producing more products that are more and more like their department store counterparts.

You don't need a heavy cash flow to get gorgeous.  I'm going to tell you why.

And yes:  You can pretty much expect updates on Sundays. 
Frankly, I AM NOT ready for some football.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment