Sunday, April 22, 2012

"Pink, it's my new obsession..." Part 1 of 3

Pink, pink, pink!  I've had an obsession with pink hair since I was in the 5th grade.  No Doubt's Return of Saturn had just come out and Gwen was looking super cool with pink locks.  Throughout the years, my hair has been pretty much every *natural* looking color, reds, browns, blondes, blacks... the works, but I've always kept pink at the back of my mind.  With the emergence of Pintrest, I've seen a million girls rocking pink and looking fabulous, and I couldn't resist the pink any longer.  Not to mention the inspiration of the fabulous Charlotte Free.
Gwen Stefani
After a lot of research and thought, I settled on a more "cotton candy pink"... something a bit more muted.  I had done a shocking pink "highlight" last summer, but for a more all-over pink I felt it a better decision to go a bit lighter.  I also chose to let a lot of the blonde peak through.

My pink: My hair was already super blonde so I didn't pre-lighten.  If your hair is darker, a bleach kit is necessary.  If you are not already well-versed in the world of lightening... you may want to consider going to a professional.  There really aren't any "permanent" pinks, so keep in mind if this is something you want to last, you really need to keep up with it.  I used: Manic Panic Cotton Candy Pink and left it in for 3 hours.  I then rinsed it quickly, NO SHAMPOO, and left in some of the dye.  I then blow dryed my hair on high heat to *seal* the color.  It makes your hair feel a little dirty until you finally wash it out, but trust me, it's totally worth the results!

No comments:

Post a Comment